Books and Magazines
- I’ll Be Home Soon!, Patricia B. McConnell, Ph.D.
- Dogs Home Alone, Roger Abrantes, Ph.D.
- Don’t Leave Me!, Nicole Wilde, CPDT-KA
- Don’t Shoot The Dog, Karen Pryor
- Mental Activation – Ways to Stimulate Your Dog’s Brain and Avoid Boredom, Anders Hallgren (available from Dogwise.com)
- 101 Dog Tricks – Step-by-Step Activities to Engage, Challenge, and Bond With Your Dog, Kyra Sundance (available from Do More With Your Dog)
- Clinical Behavioral Medicine for Small Animals, Karen L. Overall, M.A., V.M.D., Ph.D.
- The Whole Dog Journal, a monthly publication, covering positive training, holistic food, the latest equipment, and a wide variety of dog related issues
- Dogwise.com Dog books, video
Positive Training Information
- Dog Star Daily All things dog! Information on training and behavior
- Karen Pryor’s clickertraining.com Clickers and lots of great info
- AgilityNerd.com Great agility info
- Karen Overall’s RELAXATION PROTOCOL
You Tube Videos
- http://youtu.be/MgnLgHFRJu4 Calming signals video
- http://youtu.be/veAS2QMkLvw Kikopup trick and behavior You Tube tutorials
- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ2MpmxUgSA The Importance of Choice in Animal Training
- Moraine Tracking Club Ltd Tracking information
- Bring Your Nose Over Here, Wentworth Brown. The book is available to you by mail for $10 (postage included). Make checks payable to WCNI/Rescue. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
K9 Nose Work
- Manners Minder Remote Reward Training System
- Through a Dog’s Ear, music to calm dogs
- Chicago Dog Runner Will run your dog instead of walk your dog, search for them on Facebook
Weimaraner Clubs and Websites
Finding Professional Help
- Get a training professional to help you. Look for a trainer with a CBCC-KA, CPDT-KA or CPDT-KSA certification from the Association of Pet Dog Trainers